AlphaWeb has specialised in training CorelDraw® for the past ten years with a special emphasis on individual or small group training.
Prices for private training
A 10 hour course costs R2980.00.
Prices for small group training
Reductions are offered if between two and six people attend the Coreldraw lessons at the same time. Please enquire.
a. Alphaweb is not yet VAT registered. A Provisional Tax number will be provided for your records.
b. Changes to these prices, terms and conditions may be made without prior notice.
c. These fees are payable in advance.
Training is available during working hours, after hours and over weekends. Sessions would be programmed in such a way as to suit the schedules of student and instructor as far as is possible.
Click here to read about previous students feedback about AlphaWeb training.
About the Course
Although the course was originally designed for people with little computer knowledge and no experience at all in CorelDraw® or DTP, it was found that a more flexible system was required in order to meet the various needs, time restraints and levels of skill that people have.
Consequently, this course has been built upon five 2 hour sessions. These will bring the vast majority of students to the point where they can use Coreldraw® to perform a wide range of graphics and text editing functions. Additional time is usually only required for training in more advanced functions and practice, but this has rarely been necessary. (Under certain circumstances the course can be broken into two 5 hour sessions or one 10 hour session).
A free follow-up session within 6 weeks of the completion of training is also offered for students who encounter particular problems or for those who need to review particular areas. These follow up sessions are scheduled as and when time is available. Free post-course telephonic support is available to all students for one year, and students are also welcome to pop in at any stage to seek solutions for particular problems that they are having.
Students will be encouraged to make use of the most efficient methods, techniques and shortcuts available in the design process.
The inclusion of practice exercises can lengthen the duration of the course and whilst these exercises are not mandatory they can be helpful in reinforcing skills. The alternative is to proceed through the course more rapidly by not spending time in practice during the session but rather in the students own time. The sessions would then be made up of in-depth instruction and demonstration of all Coreldraw® functions, as well as exposure to other CorelDraw® products such as CorelPhotopaint®, CorelCapture® and CorelTrace®.
Training takes place in Lombardy East. Occasionally, on-site training can also be carried out at clients premises. Transport will be an additional charge. Training can also be provided in any of the major centres if there are two or more students.
A certificate reflecting the course outline is issued at the completion of the whole course.
- The Drawing Setup, including the use of grids, rulers and guidelines.
- The Drawing and Shaping of objects, including the drawing and shaping of lines, curves, elipses, rectangles, polygons, stars and irregular shapes.
- The Organising of objects, including the grouping, combining, welding, trimming, intersecting, aligning and distributing of objects.
- The Transforming of objects, including rotating, skewing, stretching, sizing, scaling, mirroring, duplicating and undoing transformations.
- The Filling and Outlining of objects, including working with patterns and textures.
- Working with Text, including formatting, editing, using writing, editing and typing aids, creating graphical effects, customising text and adding symbols and graphics.
- Creating Special Effects, including blending, contouring, envelopes, extrudes, lenses, power clips, perspective and interactive tools.
- Working with Bitmaps, including tracing, colouring, manipulating and special effects.
- Working with Colour, including colour models, blends, and palettes.
- Importing, Exporting & Printing.
- Preparation of artwork for the bureau and for the internet.
About CorelDraw® - “The choice of professionals”
CorelDraw® is one of the leading Graphics packages available on the market today and is growing in popularity in leaps and bounds. From high end Ad agencies to private home users, the CorelDraw® Suite of programmes provide the tools necessary for quality reproduction.
CorelDraw® is a vector-based drawing program that makes it easy to create professional artwork from simple logos to intricate technical illustrations. The enhanced text-handling capabilities and writing tools of CorelDraw® allow you to create text-intensive projects such as brochures and reports with greater ease than ever before. The interactive tools and enhanced features give you the power to design and publish graphics of the highest quality.
The individual training that students receive is just one of the things that distinguishes this course from others. Other advantages of this course include:
- The ability to cater for particular problems that students have.
- Consideration is given to sound graphic design principles.
- Nobody is held up by slower students as always occurs in group situations.
- Flexible hours that cater for individuals personal schedules.
- Introduction to other programmes included in the CorelDraw Suite.
- Free post-course telephonic support for one year.
- Possibly the cheapest rates currently available.